GELSOMINOUmbria - Perugia - Todi
- Ref. code: 8053
- Outdoor areas: 200 m²
- Bathrooms: 2
- Bedrooms: 2
- Internal surface: 200 m²
- Year built: 1800
- Year of renovation: 2014
- Access road: White, 50 metres
- Technological installations: compliant with the standards at the time of renovation
- Energy performance: G, 249.740 kwh/m2 year
- Swimming pool: Shared
- Distance from a town: 2 km
- Short description: Located 9 km from Todi, this magnificent 100 sqm independent apartment exudes great charm and is impeccably finished with stone details and exposed beams. It comes with a private garden and is part of an exclusive gated community nestled within 16 hectares of stunning Umbrian countryside, including a park, a swimming pool, a tennis court, woods, and olive groves. A caretaker resides in the complex year-round. Access to the apartment is through a private garden (200 sq m). This exclusive apartment seamlessly blends rustic finishes with contemporary furnishings included in the purchase. The interior comprises a spacious living room with a fireplace, a kitchen, two bathrooms, 2 bedrooms, and an additional backyard covered by a beautiful pergola merged into jasmine plants.
Il Gelsomino is part of an exclusive gated community, impeccably kept, which never fails to take the breath away from its visitors: the charm of the restored stone buildings, the blossoming gardens, the stone paths, the eye-catching views over the countryside and the sound of silence make this place a natural heaven. Upon the 16 hectares of the borgo’s lands, approximately 500 olive trees provide each property (10 in total) with a substantial allocation of olive oil each year, whereas extensive gardens and woods provide plenty of room for relaxing and walking.
There is a large shared swimming pool (which is 20 x 10m); sun loungers are provided around the swimming pool. A tennis court is also available, as well as a small playground area for young children with a slide and swings. There is a separate covered area for parking, which means there are no cars driving around the borgo. A caretaker lives on site and maintains the grounds on a daily basis.
The property is located in the oldest body of the complex, which has been meticulously restored. It is entered via the private garden, immaculately kept and provided with automatic irrigation and lighting systems. Access to the unit is through an external porch and upon opening the main door, you enter an elegant living room. The beauty of the original beams immediately catches the eye. From here, you access the kitchen. Continuing from the living room, there is a hallway, passing under a captivating truss vaulted ceiling, among the perfectly preserved stone walls. The hallway leads, on the left, to the first bathroom and the double bedroom. The second bedroom is two steps down from the hallway, featuring a splendid niche directly carved into the walls. There is an additonal bathroom with a shower. The backyard can be accessed from this second bedroom; this is a perfect place to sit al fresco, covered by a beatiful pergola with jasmine plants.
State of repair:
Il Gelsomino retains the traditional Umbrian style, with stone-clad walls, aged bent tiles, timber beamed, white washed, ceilings. The interior has a definite country-chic style charm, featuring exposed stonewalls, warm pastel colours, hand made terracotta floor tiles, a traditional fire place in the living room. The finishing materials used are of a high quality. Conditions are impeccable. Included in the sale is interior and outdoor furniture, save for the doble bed wooden header.
All services are available and connected. All installations are up to codes. The heating system is operated by a centralized boiler with radiators The water supply is guaranteed by a shared well. The gas supply is via a shared LPG tank. Satellite TV is available. Broadband Internet available.
Use and Potential Uses:
The property is a splendid second home in a safe, idyllic and peaceful environment. The property has a very good potential for holiday lettings, given the gated community and being immersed in such natural beauty. Gelsomino is currently used for tourist rentals in spring and summer.
The property is located about 3 km from the village of Izzalini (excellent restaurant and bar), 3 km from the village of Collelungo (supermarket) and less then 10 km from the city centre of Todi; the area is one of the most scenically renowned of all Umbria, with sweet and luscious rolling hills dotted with hamlets and castles. Todi is one of the oldest cities in Umbria, founded by the Umbrians in 2700 BC. The old town is home to important monuments, including the Palazzo del Capitano, the Palazzo dei Priori, the Cathedral, and the interesting Church of San Fortunato. Todi is located in a strategic position to reach many other famous towns in the area (Monte Castello di Vibio, Spoleto, Orvieto, Marsciano, Deruta, Perugia, Baschi, Amelia, Terni), the centre of Rome is about an hour and a half by car. Rome Ciampino and Fiumicino airports are approximately 100 minutes away by car. Perugia Airport is only a 35 minute drive away.
The property is duly recorded with the Buildings registry of Todi.
The owners of the property are private individuals. A purchase tax of 9% is payable on the updated cadastral value of the property.
- Liability: All the details and technical data here indicated are made available in good faith following an inspection and based on the available documentation. We take no responsibility for any inaccuracies.
Features and accessories