- Ref. code: 8100
- Outdoor areas: 0 m²
- Bathrooms: 3
- Bedrooms: 3
- Internal surface: 270 m²
- Year built: 1200
- Year of renovation: 1992
- Access road: Tarmac road
- Technological installations: compliant with the standards at the time of renovation
- Energy performance: G, 189,4 kwh/m2 year
- Distance from a town: In the center
- Short description: I Consoli di Gubbio is a prestigious property featuring airy and bright interiors, within a splendid renovated medieval palazzo located in one of the best areas of the historic centre of Gubbio, with easy access for cars and beautiful views of the Bargello fountain. The flat is on two levels, for a total of approximately 200 square metres, plus a characteristic multi-use basement of over 60 square metres and a panoramic terrace; currently a single residence with 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, i Consoli di Gubbio could also be divided into two separate units.
I Consoli di Gubbio is a three bedroom apartment located in a palazzo dating back to the Middle Ages, characterised by an external façade with exposed stonework and a round arch above the entrance to the palazzo, which retains the most representative architectural elements of the period.
We are just a few metres from Piazza Grande, close to the Bargello Fountain (or Fountain of the Madmen), turning around which three times one is traditionally entitled to a madman’s licence.
Located on the second and third floors of the building, the flat comprises, on the second floor, an entrance hall that opens onto a large living room with an antique fireplace and three large windows overlooking the main street. Through a short corridor with a built-in kitchen facing the Monastery of Sant’Ambrogio, one reaches a double bedroom with en-suite bathroom with shower.
On the upper floor, connected by a private internal staircase, there is a second living room, also with antique fireplace and panoramic windows, a first double bedroom, a bathroom with shower and a second double bedroom with panoramic terrace, equipped with en-suite bathroom with tub.
Completing the property is a Taverna located on the basement floor and measuring 63 square metres, entirely in stone and brick with barrel vaults, which has been fully restored structurally maintaining the original characteristics. From the Taverna there is access to an ancient underground tunnel excavated in the rock that continues for several metres, dividing into two paths and then re-joining.
State of repair:
The entire building and the apartment underwent a complete earthquake-proof renovation in 1992. The interior of the property is bright, airy, warm and cosy, and the finishes inside are sober and refined. The floors are in terracotta everywhere, while in the sleeping areas they are parquet, the wooden window frames are double-glazed, and the ceilings have exposed beams and tiles. Some details of the walls have been left exposed to highlight the old stone and original niches of the period.
Heating is via radiators, connected to two independent boilers, one per floor. The municipal water supply system is connected. Installations complying with the standards in force at the time of renovation. The area is served by fiber; connection can be requested.
Use and Potential Uses:
I Consoli di Gubbio is suitable either as a main residence or as a second home or as a representative office; it can also be divided into two units and be used as a rental business.
The property is located right in the centre of Gubbio, in the lively San Martino district, in one of the city’s most exclusive and important streets, with view over the ancient Bargello fountain and a few metres from the renowned Palazzo dei Consoli. Overlooked from above by the monumental Basilica of Sant’Ubaldo, which houses the incorrupt remains of the patron saint, Gubbio is home to architectural masterpieces that symbolise and recall the power of this medieval city-state. Gubbio is considered by many to be the most beautiful medieval city in Italy. Among the most important events that are organised in the city, the Corsa dei Ceri and the historical representation of the Palio della Balestra are undoubtedly worthy of note.
Land register category A/2.
The property is registered in the name of natural persons and the sale will be subject to registration tax in accordance with current regulations (see costs of buying as a private individual).
- Liability: All the details and technical data here indicated are made available in good faith following an inspection and based on the available documentation. We take no responsibility for any inaccuracies.
Features and accessories